We are offering a week-long summer camp designed to teach kids the basics of health, fitness, and nutrition. Camp is designed for kids 6-12 years old and will be led by Abi Delfico and Zoe Anderson.
What to expect:
- Learn the basics of living a healthy lifestyle (including plenty of physical activity & healthy nutrition)
- Activities that develop personal fitness, strength, flexibility, endurance, etc.
- An environment that foster personal growth, positive self-esteem, body image, confidence, competence, etc.
- Encouragement, teamwork, cooperation and communication with peers
- There will be a short snack break each day. Please pack a small nutritious snack
- Bring a water bottle and hat since we will be spending the majority of our time outside
- Put sunscreen on your child before camp
- Bring a towel on Friday for the water activity
Where: We'll meet at A2O, unless otherwise instructed, and walk/hike/adventure to nearby destinations for activities, lessons, and field trips
When: July 13-17, 2015, Monday-Friday, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Monday - introductions, kids will set personal goals, complete a basic fitness test and create a tie-dye shirt
- Tuesday - walk to Kathryn Albertson Park for a nature hike and yoga
- Wednesday - walk to Ann Morrison Park, complete a resistance training circuit on the BodyBuilding.com fitness equipment, learn about muscles/anatomy with a coloring/activity page
- Thursday - nutrition day, take a tour of Missing Link Foods/FitFuel kitchen, learn the basics of healthy eating, create a healthy snack
- Friday - field day with outdoor/water activities, complete a fitness test, awards given for achievements completed during camp
Cost: $250 for the week including a t-shirt for your child. Reserve your spot with a $100 non-refundable deposit. Full payment is due July 1